Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 2 in Jerusalem

Thanks for posts - nice to hear that folks back home are reading our updates. Please pass the word.



Today we started our tour by wallking through the Jaffa Gate of the wall around Jerusalem. We covered a lot of history today and were privileged to see some of the recent archaelogical disoveries.



It is truly amazing that we have been walking on about 5,000 years of history.




There are churches everywhere commemorating different Bible events or people. Above is the top of Dormition Abbey where supposedly Mary's body is buried.













When you have a righteous thirst, satisfy it with Maccabee
beer!





If you look closely see just how small the mustard see really is. Jesus said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it shall move; and nothing shall be impossible to you." Matthew 17:20


Descending Warren's Shaft toward Hezekiah's Tunnel. We waded through water for about 1750 feet in Hezekiah's Tunnel. We ended up at the pool of Siloam.



The pool is still being excavated. Tomorrow is Day 3 in Jerusalem. Shalom ...y'all!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I thought I would share a quick story with you. We were on our way to church yesterday and Ian asked us what you were eating and what is hummus. We were explaining how to make hummus and Riley said "They put worms in it?" (He did not like the idea.) We quickly told him I said herbs not worms. So when you eat your hummus make sure they don't follow Riley's recipe (using worms). I am enjoying your photos. Thank you for sharing.

Alicia said...

I know Rick said last night how much he wants to get on here so I won't say much....just love that you guys are getting to do all this!
I have a feeling the only Jerusalem I'll see is the new one. But hey, I won't be complanin'!
Make sure and have some authentic falafils too!!! (did I spell that right...hmmm)