Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Christian Perspective on Political Involvement

After concluding a sermon series on evangelism and a series on finances I was asked by a friend, "Where do we see in the Bible examples of people who were bold in sharing the gospel and good stewards of the money and possessions God entrusted to them?" The answer is clear: The book of Acts.
I was planning on starting a new sermon series on the book of Acts this Sunday. However, after talking with the elders and the men at our leadership study this morning it became clear that a sermon on the issues that we face in this election is much needed. Specifically I hope to help people discover and/or affirm what the Bible says about marriage and the life of the unborn child.
I have listed books (on the lower right of this page) that I believe will help us discern our responsibility as Christians in the political world. Of course, I hope my sermon this Sunday is also helpful! Please pray for me. Thanks!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

We'll that will have Rick all geared up! He is a quiet guy except when it comes to politics. He goes around the house yelling at the tv durring the debate. I have to tell him to calm down, can you believe it? I also remind him "they can't year you honey! But WE can!"
Such a calm guy usually too...it's weird.:)
BTW: loved your last sermon (as my blog indicates a few times:) and way to go tackling this topic. Looking forward to it!

Kristen Borland said...

We are looking forward to this sermon! (Although I personally hope we have to listen to it online because we are busy birthin' a baby!)