Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Marriage Retreat

I have been working on my teaching notes for this weekend's marriage retreat. Friday night I will be speaking on the first love in our marriage and how to "close the loop" on conflict.

Shane will be teaching Saturday morning on keeping your spouse a priority and how to get to know each other again.

Saturday afternoon I will be looking at how we can build spiritual intimacy and grow in physical intimacy. The physical intimacy is last so that we can keep the attention of the men to the very end! Also the hotel is hoping after I share all the love secrets, couples will book another night (they paid me to share this).

Paula and I are looking forward to the time with all the couples that are coming!

Don't forget to bring cash for dinner at the Main Street Grill Friday night, and to bring a lunch for Saturday (or cash to buy some food).

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

we're looking forward to it! i teased mike about how we'll be missing sat. afternoon's talk. poor guy. any chance you guys might be recording the sessions??

John Marc Wiemann said...

No, we will not be recording it...but Mike is in luck (or call it God's providence) we switched the order of the messages! By popular demand (and some strong counsel by Shane) I will be speaking on spiritual and physical intimacy on Friday night, and conflict resolution on Saturday morning.

Tricia said...

we had a great time and we enjoyed the messages. i look forward to doing it again next year.